Wednesday, November 30, 2011

How to Install Games That Come With Windows 7

In most of the older versions of Windows, games that come with Windows are installed automatically and playable as soon as the system boots. In some editions of Windows 7, they may not appear by default (as is the case below),



This is easy to fix, simply access Control Panel from the start menu, switch to the small icons view and click on Programs and Features,



Then click "Turn Windows features on or off" and select the Games checkbox,


By default the following games come with Windows 7 Enterprise/Ultimate:

  • Chess Titans
  • FreeCell
  • Hearts
  • Internet Backgammon
  • Internet Checkers
  • Internet Spades
  • Mahjong Titans
  • Minesweeper
  • Purble Place
  • Solitaire
  • Spider Solitaire
After they are enabled, they should appear in the start menu,



See Also,
How to Create Your Own Free Ringtones
How to Get Windows XP Pinball in Windows 7 and Windows Server 2008 R2
Get HyperTerminal in Windows 7 and Windows 2008 R2
How to Get Classic Windows XP Game Versions in Windows 7


5 comments:

  1. Hi, tried it and it had no effect. I have the 64 bit version of Windows 7

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ignore last comment!! As the game box was checked already, I UN-checked then clicked OK. When it had removed the games feature in the start list, I went back in and re-checked the games box and now they are back. Yipee! (I'm easily pleased).

    ReplyDelete
  3. ...had a similar problem, and i too wanted to play Chess Titans only to realise its no longer there on Win 7 Pro. I cheched the games box, and now its back on Thank you very much. As a matter of fact, i wud hv cursed the Pro version if i cud not play chess anymore...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Help!! I have win7 - I was totally addicted to spider solitaire - So i deleted every possible occurence of the game from my hard drive (It's really the only way to fight the addiction) - But now I want it back - can I take it off the win1 disk some how? How can I get it???

    ReplyDelete
  5. Totally worked! Enjoy your coffee :-)

    ReplyDelete